Limix is a unique Shikkui-based building material that is formed under extremely high pressure to achieve properties similar to marble. Due to its non-baking manufacturing technology, all of its natural components are preserved in the original, though compressed form. This production process also allows for various customized effects, colors and textures.
Tagawa Sangyo Co. is a C2C silver certified company. Tariki Limited LLC was the catalyzing force to encourage Tagawa Sangyo Co. to go through the C2C certification process. Tagawa Sangyo Co. is committed to manufacturing with biological and technical nutrient streams. Doing more good rather than less bad. Tagawa Sangyo Co. is currently working towards gold certification.
The latest December issue of the Japanese government’s online magazine “Highlighting JAPAN” features Tagawa Sangyo’s Shikkui and Limix. Please see pages 8-9 of the magazine:
Highlighting JAPAN - Dec 2011 (pages 8-9) (435.7 KiB)
- Natural components, no harmful chemicals
- Fully recyclable
- Naturally kills bacteria, viruses, fungi and molds due to high alkalinity
- Absorbs VOC gasses and bad smells
- Continuously absorbs CO2 as installed final product (total CO2 absorption: 297g / 1 kg of Limix)
- 80% less energy consumption and low CO2 emissions during manufacturing (compared to baked ceramic tiles)
- Naturally anti-static, prevents dust accumulation
- Outstanding hardness comparable to marble
- Individual design options: customized content (up to 50%), textures and embedded objects
- Wide range of custom and standard colors
- Can be used towards LEED credits
- Cradle to Cradle certified (Silver)